Released: February 6, 2022
XFtoWP 1.4.2 RC2 – until this is marked as fully stable and available via one-click plugin updater, it is recommended you test on a development site or make a full backup before using this version.
- New: A more streamlined way to create, connect and reply to threads in the newly renamed “Post to forum” meta box. These actions all work the same way as before, except now you can schedule and run any action after a new post in WP is published. Read more here.
- Enable automatic thread creation on publish in WP admin > XF > Thread comments > Create thread (can still disable on a post by post basis)
- Minor UI tweaks to Thread comments admin settings + post meta templates
- New: A change to user validation on signup. Instead of stopping users from registering if the username or email already exists on XF, this version will gracefully connect the new WP user to the XF account, so long as that account isn’t already connected to another user.
- As a last resort, if a duplicate username is found and that user is already connected to a WP account, a random number between 1-50 will be added to the end of the new username and registration will proceed.
- Clear custom user fields from XF profile is user is disconnected from WP
- Fix: Password changed from BuddyPress profiles now sync back to XF (thanks to BuddyPress team for hearing our patch request)
- Fix: Enhanced product purchase detection in MemberPress integration
- Fix: Enhanced registration detection in WooCommerce integration
- Add post types that can auto-create threads with the new
XFWP_Dataclass to hold plugin settings data, easily accessible sanitize methods.
- File reorganization (
Patch update: removes leftover
error_log from user requests.